2.05.2009

Good health...

is what I say thank you for this week. Since the beginning of January, I have not felt great with a variety of things...the latest being shingles! With shingles, one symptomg a person typically shows is a rash on just one side of the body in one place (usually on the abdomen). Mine was on the left side of my scalp. It has been one of the most bizarre things I've experienced! As a nursing mom, I am thankful there was medicine I could take! It has allowed me to sleep in my own bed for the past week (instead of in the rocker in Adeline's room because it hurt to lay flat in bed on a pillow). My doctor says that a case of shingles averages about 2 months...I'm praying to beat that by a long shot!

1 comment:

Annski3 said...

The one thing I can say about shingles is you'll be SO glad when they're over. I broke out with them when I was 20 and then again around 45. At least the second time around, I knew early what they were and got to the doctor quickly. I am so glad the medications have worked out for your nursing. May all of God's blessings continue to be yours!