11.20.2008

It's Thursday again!

It doesn't seem possible that it is Thursday again! Whew! We took Adeline to the doctor yesterday for her six week check up and shots. She is now 10 lbs. 11 oz. and 22 1/4 inches long. Yep -- she's growing! Her pediatrician was pleased with how she is holding her head up when she is on her tummy. She is very alert and once again displayed her lung capacity as she cried when she got her shots-- but thankfully, it wasn't for very long. She is so brave! I need to download some pictures from the camera and then I can share some other pics.

Until then...I am thankful that:
1. my brother, Kevin (Adeline's Uncle Kevin), has accepted a job as a musician with Carnival Crusie Lines. We are thankful that God has opened this door for him! He leaves mid-January to sail out (although he reminded me that cruise ships don't have sails!) of Miami. I think he said this boat's itinerary rotates between the Bahamas and Western Caribbean. What beautiful places to see!
2. Ben just walked in the door after a busy day at work. I appreciate how hard he works to take very good care of our family! He is a blessing!
3. the wait for National Board Certification scores is about over; they will be posted tomorrow. Many of you know that I spent last school year completing the process to become a National Board Certified teacher. It was one of the most challenging things I've done, but I learned a LOT about myself and my teaching. We'll see what happens tomorrow...

No comments: