12.04.2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

My thankfulness today is specifically about Adeline and some of the cool things that are happening with her these days. She is sleeping 6-7 hours each night in her big crib! It just happened a few weeks ago that I put her in the big crib for one of her naps during the day and she has been sleeping there ever since. She looks so small compared to when she was in the bassinet, but she is growing so much. The good news about this is that Ben and I are sleeping more, too. Thank you, Lord! When we go in to get her in the morning, she just grins so big! It melts your heart and starts the day like I've never imagined possible. What joy and simplicity on that face! Throughout the day, she usually stays awake for an hour and a half after she eats. She likes to sit in her rocking chair, lay on her back on her play mat or blanket and kick those legs, or cuddle to read books! It's amazing to watch her use her eyes to look around at all that is happening. And I must mention how much I love it when she sneezes!! Sometimes, she sneeezes like Ben which is just ONE powerful sneeze and other times it is like me...four little ones right in a row! We thank you, Lord, for all the blessings of this life, especially this little girl!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

You guys are seriously lucky! Congrats to more sleep...and who is the talented one that has the swaddling down to an art!!